26.2.07

Poetry - I Thought, I Think?

I thought I saw a gown of green
but I think I saw an injured spleen
--or just envy.

I thought I saw a flash of red
but I think I saw what I said
--or just anger.

I thought I saw a sun of yellow
but I think I saw a jolly fellow.
--or just laughter.

I thought I saw a sky of blue
but I think I saw only you
--or your mood.

I thought I saw a pot of gold
but I think I saw a dream unfold
--or a fool.

I thought I saw a coat of black
but I think I saw instead a lack
--of compassion.

I thought I saw a dress of white
but I think I saw a real bright light
--or just an idea.

Marcia
04/19/06

3 comments:

Chris said...

I like how you use colour with emotions and throw in some opposites. Well done and fun to read.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Thank you, Chris. . . Was just in one of my stranger moods that day. Wasn't sure anyone else would appreciate it, actually.

Lady G~ said...

Just happen to find you through TT. I loved your poetry. Like Chris said, I like the way you put colors to the emotions.