20.5.07

In the Clouds - Nominated



That's me up above that cloud, Shelly at This Eclectic Life included me in her list of nominations for: Janette Toral's Top Ten Emerging Influential Blogs in 2007.

It took me most of the day to accept that I don't have to pretend like it didn't happen, to not speak out about it with pride! I am proud, I am excited, and blast it all, I am saying it for anyone that tumbles by to read, YES! Thank you, Shelly, for the support, the vote of confidence. Sure a lot of what I write is pure self-absorption, but at the same time, I write hoping I will make a difference to someone, or as I wrote Shelly, to lots of someones.

There, you have just witnessed growth. At the same time, I am sure there are plenty of emerging undiscovered blogs out there that deserve nomination more than I do, but that just makes me want to try harder. Of course, I realized the post I did Saturday, was probably one of my worst - now attention has been called to me and that is probably the very post people will read . . another lesson, never slack off, but at the same time it just proves Murphy's Law is still alive and well in our universe.

Now some days I want to bring tears to you, others to make you laugh. Well, if you came from Shelly's she has been on a roll lately with the funny stories, so I am going to attempt to make you cry - for real - while I have your attention. Read Dear Mommy, if it doesn't make you cry at least a tear or two, then I suppose you are either extremely well controlled or just heartless, but I doubt you are reading this if you are heartless. (Wow, wouldn't that be a cool thing, to bring tears to the heartless, but that is dreaming a bit big, I think.) Yes, I wrote it, and it is based on a true story, but not my true story, and yes, there's a message, but then most of you are old enough to expect a message and accept the spirit in which it is given.

And if you are a regular reader and noticed the cloud picture is a repeat, that's because I have yet to solve my computer problem of the missing photos. . . . but I did get the word verification thing off my blogs, finally!

And you have plenty of time to search out your ten nominations, as do I. The rules and criteria are on Janet's post, but the blog must have been started on or after August 1, 2006. We better start reading - and no procrastination!

5 comments:

Shelby said...

Congratulations and you are such a well deserving recipient!!

Take care and happy Monday:)

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, m'dear, for being willing to accept a compliment! That's hard to do, I know, and I don't do it well either. I haven't encountered many bloggers who are as capable of "painting pictures." I did not nominate you lightly (sorry I did it on a day you feel you wrote fluff!).

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Shelby - thank you. Happy Monday.

This Eclectic Life,aka Shelly - Thank you again. No need to apologize for my fluff, heehee, and I know you take your responsibilities with responsibility. Happy Monday.

Janette Toral said...

Congratulations! I hope you can also join this writing project too.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Janettoral.com - Thank you! I do plan on joining in the writing project.