27.5.07

My True Romantic moment - and it was him. . .

. . . not me. Figures. I am the poet in the family, but he out romanced me more than once in our 33 years married this June 1st. It was the day after my 57th birthday that was the most special and had nothing to do with my birthday.

55-alive! was having a contest on what was the best thing about the second half of our lives. He had made one or two blog entries at their site and I suggested he enter the contest. Now the man irritates me because I speed through life and he is usually the slow one that thinks everything out minutely. Yet, when it comes to wit or one upping me, his speed seems to increase exponentially, every time.

I no more got the words out of my mouth and he said, "I know what I am writing." He posted it, but didn't win -- the $50 gift certificate, that is -- but he won my heart for another 57 years or so. His entry:

No contest. This was a quick and easy question to answer. The best thing in the second part of my life is something from the first part, my WIFE. THE END

It doesn't get more romantic than that, public admission, exponentially public, and without a moment's thought.


Now, I stumbled on the True Romantic writing contest on This Eclectic Life. She is always finding something to keep us busy reading and writing.

Share your romantic comings or goings by entering TeaTime Ramblings contest:

. . . write a romantic post, whether it's something that someone else did for you or if you were the one being the romantic! I love to read a good romance story. Then comment here with the link to your post so I can come by and read it. Make sure to link back to me at the end of your post so others can have a chance to let their romantic side shine for us all. I'll accept entries up until June 1, 2007 at 12:00 p.m. and announce the True Romantic winner by 4:00 p.m. the same day.

So, start writing, run on over there and leave your link so romance can spread, there can never be enough. She's waiting for your entries.

7 comments:

Keith Lodge said...

Awwwwwww it's nice to see that romance is not dead. Congratulations for all your years together.
I will go over and have a read, who knows I may even write something lol.... Jo

MommaBoo said...

Thank you for your sweet post on "OSOMOLOVE". My anniversary was wonderful, as is my hubby!

Happy early anniversary to you in June! Isn't it just a blast to be married?

Blessings!

TeaMouse said...

Thanks for entering! It doesn't always take a lot of bells and whistles to be romantic - that was beautiful!

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Jo, Jennieboo - The more romance shared the better. Thank you for your congratulations and blessings.

Teamouse - Thank you for seeing beauty in his words. . . and for hosting romance moments for all of us to share.

Thank you all for taking the time to comment.

Cheryl Hagedorn said...

A man of very few words!

Anonymous said...

Leon wins! Is that wonderful or what? I've never even talked to Leon on line, but I like him, Marcia. He's worth keeping!

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Cheryl Hagedorn - He has to have few words, I talk for both of us twice over.

This Eclectic Life - yeah, he is worth keeping and at least he knows I know!

Thank you both for sharing our romantic moment.