28.5.07

In the Clouds - A Memorial Group Hug. . .



Today is Memorial Day: to remember those that fought for our freedom, our safety.

I do thank them most for being brave, both when they were strong and when they felt least like it.

Thank you. Can you hear me? Because my thanks mean nothing if you can't. Or do they? Because your family might hear it. . . and I am sure they have a direct line to you - in some manner. Let me say it again:

Thank you. I'm sorry if you are hurt or no longer here to share your moments with us as you: soar like a bird in the clouds, or wind through the clouds in anticipation, or rise above the clouds in joy.

May your families let their hearts soar up into the clouds and feel the clouds wrap gently around you all in one big soft but powerful group hug. And may the rest of us embrace the clouds as best we can.

. . . and when the clouds can hold no more of our grief, they will release the tears onto earth, and bring life from sadness. . .

4 comments:

Shelby said...

This is simply beautiful. Happy Memorial Day :)

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Shelby - Thank you, and hope you have a peaceful memorial day.

Spicy said...

Marcia,
Beautiful words on such a special day. Here in Canada we celebrate Remembrance Day on November 11th..but I like to celebrate it twice. On that day I buy everyone poppies..all the seniors at the long-term center where my mom stays, and everyone in my family. We wear the poppies to remember the people that fought so bravely so that we could live.
I hope we never see war again.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Matty - that is so sweet to buy them all poppies. Way to go. I don't understand war. . . Thank you for sharing about the poppies.