1.5.07

Tuesday tumble

I wonder if what holds many back from their dreams is merely their failure to dream - for their fear of failure. I know it held me back growing up - dreaming of great things, of striving for things outside my normal daily life was beyond my level of comprehension. I have spoken with adults recently who are still held back, who feel they have to schedule time to dream. . . they have waited so long to dream their next dream, they have to schedule it. . . . There is something wrong with that visual.

I, on the other hand, have come up with so many dreams, I want to strive for them all. . . There is something wrong with that visual as well, but I will hold on to that one while I work toward my writing dreams, all of them. . . I just won't lose sight of the other dreams.

Are you living your dreams? Are you at least dreaming a dream? I hope so.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marcia,

This month of May is all about our dreams. You're right though, dreams are nice, but actions need to happen to make them real. I want to make my dreams real.

Rose

xo

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Rose Dewey Knickers - I know we have to have action to get our dreams but at least you (and I) are daring to dream! I want to see all our dreams come true, that would be awesome. Thank you for commenting! Keep dreaming, girl, that's over half the battle.

Spicy said...

I love to dream,,daydream or nightdream, its another world to me. Some of my dreams come true, and some are just fantasies, but they color my world.
I have also strived for some dreams, but given up, knowing that it was not for me, not at this time, or in this place, but maybe in the future.
I won't lose sight of my dreams, I own them, nobody else does. They may sound silly,,,but they're mine.
Some of my dreams have come true, so I know with faith and hope, who knows? Yes, I will dream on.......

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Matty, I bet when it is time you will know it and jump right in there.
I LOVE that you said you own your dreams, no one else does. . . Thank you for sharing your comments.

Anonymous said...

Am I living my dream? No. Not that life is bad, it isn't and I am always looking for and finding the goodness that is surrounding me.

I'm dreaming my dream and working towards taking that step of living it.

This is a wonderful thought-provoking post you've written here.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Lisa - I'm so glad you are working toward your dreams, that means you are confident enough to have them. Thank you for commenting!

Shelby said...

Hi Marcia. This is such a great post on dreams - they are so important, if not one of the most important things about us maybe.

I posted on my dreams just a few moments ago. I read your latest posts too on your mom. Such beautiful words! Your mom must have been such a beautiful person and I know that you must ache for her presence. I am so very sorry.

Take care.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Shelby - I think you are right about how important dreams are! I appreciate your comments about our dreams and about Mom, thank you.