14.6.07

Charity begins in your heart, then moves


to your brain and shuts down all that procrastination for a few hours. That is fact!

Unless, of course, you choose to prove me wrong. And not one blogger I know would choose NOW as the time to prove me wrong. That is fact!

How do I know? Because as a group bloggers care. They are writers and you don't become a writer without caring about other human beings. That is fact.

So, time you moved that charity past all that and into your fingers. I've seen y'all do it before. And I want to see it again!

Shelly at This Eclectic Life is a Texan and likes to do things in a big way! She is not satisfied with just crocheting a few squares to provide comfort: she is asking us to crochet a few; she has used her influence to get promises by community members to put them together; she has made it EASY for you to make a difference. Just in case you don't know HOW easy, I'll shout it out to you:

  • Hey! You out there that already have scraps and quick fingers! Why not whip them up while reading the posts in Bloglines or Google Reader?
  • Hello! You whose fingers move a bit slower could use crocheting to keep from eating so much so quickly. Take a bite, crochet a bit, take another bite, crochet a bit more. You will get so involved you'll forget to eat the other bites (or at least savor your food aid digestion).
  • Yoo hoooo! So, you can't crochet. You are lucky, I have that covered, too. You could learn, and read one less blog entry a day. (OK, it can be mine, but please come back.) --OR-- you could just get your other crocheting friends and relatives to do one and you could write the tag and do the mailing.

See, it's all solved. Now rush over to Shelly's, and tell her you would love to push your charity all the way to your fingers - and then do as I say, not as I do, and do it! You may want to pick up the easy directions and mailing address, too!

Wrapping ourselves in an afghan made by loving bloggers is a comforting thing. We all need comfort. Share yours?

7 comments:

BeLoved.... said...

it's amazing how comforting a blanket can be. i wish i could figure out knitting and crochet.

Anonymous said...

Annie, you can advertise the campaign on your site! Marcia, thank you a million times over. I needed you to ghost write for me as I put the initial post together!

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Annie, thank you for taking the time to comment on this. As for learning to knit or crochet many craft stores have 'knit' ins and/or lessons and so do the Senior Citizen centers, and contrary to what I thought, many of the latter are for anyone,not just those older than me. It is NOT that hard if you don't go getting fancy. IF I can do it, anyone can.

This Eclectic Life - When I first read "Annie" in your reply to the real Annie, I was thinking about the photo I can't find of Annie Oakley, LOL, and since I read your comment in a Southern voice, I HEARD my cousins saying "Auntie" in their southern voices. I need to go eat lunch! PS. I linked via button on ALL my blogs except the exercise one. . even the one that's not working, just in case. . someone is reading one of them.) Ghost writer, why, I'm afraid of my own shadow. heehee

janet copenhaver said...

Thanks for stopping by my site by way of Shelly, with the heart the size of Texas.
She's gone an done it now. Her head will be spinning like a top with this.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Janet, she has big plans int that big Texas heart, but I, too, think her head will spin a bit. . . I think she will be surprised. Between bottles and afghan squares. . .she may have to use the ugly mailbox next door.LOL. Thank you for the return visit.

Shelby said...

I'm with annie- wishing I could do knitting and crochet. . I did try a while back, but just can't do it.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Shelby, Thanks for commenting! I can knit the basics, do occasionally, but I have crocheted a chain once! I may try this myself.

I know writing about it helps, but I want to try crocheting one!