5.6.07

Woo Hoo! - Script Frenzy Progress

We made progress today on our stage play, Which Way Did It Go? We are only 786 words in, behind schedule, but, we learned today the big one: how to work together. Our method of playwriting, since I cannot type fast enough even when he speaks in slow motion, is now to just write it verbally and record it digitally for me to type later. I've been "ordered" to print it out each day when I have finished so he can make notes on changes. . . (and I was afraid he would find excuses not to write with me). So, I think we will get there, the play written, I mean. . . and then the next and the next. . . It is too much fun!

Tip: Need to back up something? With email offering Gb of storage or more, why not just have email with different companies and email yourself your scripts, novel chapters, short stories, adn poems. . . Something happens to your computer, just jump on line and retrieve it from email.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart tip about e-mailing yourself. I'm glad you two are finding you can work together. Leon is now sounding like an artistic tyrant! I know he couldn't possibly be such a thing...

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

This Eclectic LIfe - He is an artistic tyrant, glad you gave it a title. . . (grin)Today was mostly just me typing his words. I didn't mind, I was proving a point that he is a writer. (I win!)Thanks for commenting, especially on this. . . Hey, Leon, guess what Shelly said. . . .

Spicy said...

Marcia,
I can't wait to read your script. I've never read one.
By the way, how do you know how many words 20,000 is?
What would you call a script? A short story?
Would like to hear your ideas.
Have a great week with Leon!

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Matty - Who said we were going to let anyone read it? Just kidding. We are counting ours as we go in Apple Works (Mac), but the free software we are using has set up an online counter just because so many Script Frenzy participants are using their software. I guess it would be on the longer end of a short story, it's written like a short story. The 20,000 words is mainly because it is for Script Frenzy, it will have to be rounded up or down in reality to make around 1 hour and 45 minutes - Leon's standards anyway. The idea of Script Frenzy is to just get your words out without editing or anything, to keep that inner editor from keeping you from writing. That's where our styles are different, he already wants to edit as we go. . . That's fine with me as long as it gets written. . . my inner editor leaves me alone, too much sometimes. Thanks for the questions!

Spicy said...

Marcia,
Good! I look forward to reading it maybe in July?