1.7.07

In the Clouds - Life Styles



Life Styles


He remains stagnate
comfortable in his plaid pants,
his unbuttoned shirt,
his hair slicked down
as if it were a helmet
worn to protect him from change.

He embraces change
his pants were plaid, then striped,
his unbuttoned shirt became a sweater,
his slicked down hair gave way to flyaway
as if it were a slap at conformity and a shout for change.

He rides along
content with everyday jeans
but changing his shirts as styles change,
his hair is never the same
neither a slap or a helmet
but a reflection of who he is today.

MeeAugraphie
07/01/07

This one was more of a struggle than usual, I had to think a bit; whether because it wasn't ready to come out or I chose the wrong subject is a question. I was thinking about how clouds are constantly changing, whether by shape or just movement. This is not where this poem was supposed to go. It was supposed to be a soft poem floating in the clouds, it landed heavy on the ground instead, because I let it go where it wished. I'm trying again:

I look to the clouds for inspiration
not for shapes or coming rain

I find a reminder that life is
never stagnate unless forced.

This is more where I thought I was going the first poem. Minds can be uncooperative at times.
I don't normally edit much, I took a whole (repeated) line out of the last one.

Please don't copy my words. It puts you in a bad light.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the poem. Thought provoking really.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

It's Me - I am glad you found it thought provoking. Thank you for taking the time to comment on it.