22.2.07

The Final Thursday Thirteen

at least until someone else picks it up??? I always grabbed the code at the last second. . . and she has already "retired it". . . so this last list will remain bare, barren, but someone has inquired about buying the rights so we can all continue to have fun:


02/22/07 THURSDAY THIRTEEN: REASONS I WILL MISS IT AND HOPE IT RETURNS SOON


1. Skipping around the long blogroll and finding new and interesting blogs to read (an adventure in reading)

2. Finding there is music out there I have never heard of (Who would have thought I would stop listening to the radio as much as I have? Not me)

3. Reading loving lists (Those sweet moments we all want)

4. Reading crazy, off-the-wall lists (What will they come up with next? More, I hope)

5. Reading serious lists (Sometimes a little reality is good for us)

6. Looking forward to Thursday's lists (Thursdays are rather dull otherwise, hump day is over, Friday is not here yet!)

7. Being surprised at what y'all thought of to list (And jealous that you were sooo clever)

8. Wondering why I haven't seen ''that'' list yet (I know it is out there, I just haven't read it yet, so many to read, so little time to read them)

9. Wondering what ''that'' list even is (I'll know it when I see it. . . kind of like finding that perfect outfit or the man you weren't looking for)

10. Trying to decide which list I want to make in a rush, at the last minute, or late, because I forgot it was Thursday and thought I had all the time in the world to get it done. . . and being on Pacific time. . . that makes me even later! (LIKE TODAY'S)

11. Stumbling on the occasional Thursday Thirteen done in photos (Bonus!!!)

12. Having an excuse to add all the parenthetical remarks throughout my lists (not that I have ever needed an excuse, well, other than in formal writing)

13. A legitimate excuse to make lists just for the heck of it. . .(Wait, I don't need an excuse. . . that is part of what defines me. I make lists all the time. . . I don't need excuses to make them, especially since I never follow them anyway, therefore, no consequences for writing them. . . no, it is not wasting time, it is an exercise in organization. . . . and we all need exercise!)

17 comments:

Raggedy said...

Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Anonymous said...

Great list! I don't have code either, btw. :-( Anyhow, my favorite is your #13. I'm a list maker and dedicating Thursday to making a super cool list of 13 things was a dream come true!

Anonymous said...

Right with ya on every item on your list. I shall miss the Thursday Thirteen.

Take care, and thank you for visiting my blog! :)

Unknown said...

Great list and I agree. I love being able to meet new people through TT. My blogging would be so boring without it.

Thanks for stopping by my site today and happy final TT!

Anonymous said...

That's a great list. I started to do one like this and went with my favorite past TT posts instead.

Can you grab a code from one of your previous posts? I thought about doing a header that way but haven't yet.

Unknown said...

Good list. I hope someone else picks it up. I am really going to miss it

Unknown said...

Fantastic list! :) It's amazing how Thursday Thirteen has increased our blogging circles!

Take care and thank you for visiting my blog.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Oh, I hear you about this. Didn't know the code had been retired; how sad THAT is. (can't you yank it from an earlier post?)

Come visit West of Mars often; it won't be the same, but it can be better. Somehow.

*sniff*

your TT sums up what I was unable to say when I saw the note yesterday and was trying to pound out something through my shock. Thank you.

Jill said...

Excuses, what does that word means??
Hopefully it won't be the lasst one!!

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Jill, an excuse, as used here, is making up a reason to do something, defending why you did something.
example: I use Thursday Thirteen as an excuse (reason) to make lists, but I would make them anyway because I like to make lists.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna miss it too. I plan on posting a list every week anyway. fits into my regular blog plan.

Anonymous said...

I'll miss TT too, but I'll be sure to drop by your blog again.

Anonymous said...

I came to the TT party too late. This week marks # 3 for me. As this is the last one, I am making a concerted effort to go to as many blogs as possible and read through those wonderful, zany, creative, heartfelt posts. I agree with your comments! Have a great weekend.

Robin said...

That's a great list. I'm really going to miss TT as well.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

MaR said...

Enjoyed reading your list and I can relate to everything!! Yes, I make lists everyday, not only to go to the store and I will miss the TT...only I can't believe it will disappear, let's wait and see .
Happy blogging!

Anonymous said...

I was also just getting started with TT. Thanks for dropping by mine this week... Besides THEMA, a few other "little and literary" you might want to check out:
Thereby Hangs A Tale

The First Line

Zyzzyva

And of course there are tons of others, many run by English departments of universities.

Claire said...

Thanks for the visit! you must be happy to know that TT is not ending after all!
The list was great and hopefully you wont have to use it again.
I have just put up some new hiking photos, so this may add to the dilema of where you and the hubby live!