14.2.07

Thursday Thirteen - Skills I would like to learn


02/15/07 Thirteen Things about Marcia



1. Hawaiian Dance (I only learned a little, not the touristy stuff, the less commercial dances)

2. Sign Language (no, not those universal signs, I know those)

3. Riding a Horse (and not getting thrown off or kicked getting off)

4. Spanish (OK, so I took all through school; I had no one to practice with, I forgot most of it)

5. Latin (I fell in love with Latin in 7th grade, they only offered us a half year. By the time I got to the grade that had offered a full year, the powers to be decided we didn't need it!)

6. How to sew (a true straight line)

7. How to cook (aka, how to make a recipe come out like it is supposed to the second time)

8. How to get the ONE person that I REALLY want to read my blog to read it (No, not my husband, if he won't read it I just find the most annoying moment to read it out loud to him, making sure I stumble over words, heck, whole sentences, to drag it out. OK, not really, he reads it, but I would do that)(and yes, I want you to read it to, it is just. . . you know)

9. How to get to England (without involving air or water or traipsing through Canada, Siberia, and so on)

10. How to immediately know by title which publisher to send which article, poem, or story to -- without having to read ALL the back copies and/or research (We all have dreams. Surely that is a job someone would LOVE to have - for free or close to it. I did just invent the job didn't I?)

11. Speed reading (No, not for the back issues, for all the other reading I don't get to)

12. How to influence others positively (OK, so sometimes I do, but I don't always know it)

13. How to weed out the con jobs from legitimate online jobs (without trying them all out, for now, I assume they all are bad news.)






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one talented cookie. ;)

Anonymous said...

#10...isn't that part of what an agent does - though that does involve research, at least on the agent's part? (If not, then yes - there's probably a market for that, for independent and first time authors. H'm. That kind of gives me an idea...)

Anonymous said...

Can't say that I know how to Hula dance or sew a straight line . . . I have managed the art of speed reading though, which is why I manage to devour about a book a week (and my house is overflowing with books). Thanks for your creative TT posting. Mine's up - week #2 for me. Have a great weekend, XINE

Rashenbo said...

:) I can kind of sew a straight line! :)

I think learning the "real" hula dance would be pretty darn cool... I bet my kids would love it too...

WendyWings said...

You sound like a multitalented one !
Happy Thursday !

Raggedy said...

Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Those sound like useful skills to learn! My human mom knows how to horseback ride. She takes dressage lessons once a week, and really enjoys it. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ya know, I wish the same thing about the agent hunt as you do about where to submit. Oy. How much easier would life be if we could just call up a database or an AI that could tell us not only where to submit, but who wanted us?

I'm telling you. Lending Tree for Agents.

(btw, love the languages stuff -- my four-year-old is taking Spanish and we taught both kids how to use some ASL when they were babies. Really made a difference.)

Thanks for visiting West of Mars! Hope you'll come back!

Jill said...

I want to learn sign language me too, I could really need it in my jobs(I'm a substitute teacher...)

Anonymous said...

Well, now I really want to know who it is you really want to read your blog!

Thanks for coming by my TT!

Anonymous said...

Great list -- I want to learn to sew, and I'd enjoy learning horsemanship and sign language, too.

Happy TT! And oh, Hawaiian dance sounds fun. :)

Barb said...

That's a lot of things to learn! I get my hubby to read my blog by telling him I mentioned him in a post ;)

Thanks for dropping by.

Gattina said...

It's not to late to fullfil you dream and learn latin ! Go to Rome, ask the pope I am sure he will give you private lessons. Anyway he is the only one who still speaks latin. The other romans switched over to Italian !

Just discovered the over 50 on your blog and like the idea !

Uisce said...

I fell off my horse. wasn't much fun. happy TT, mine's up!

Anonymous said...

I assume the worst on the last one too. I love horseback riding. But if they sense fear.

Happy Thursday Thirteen you have some great goals.

Barbara said...

I would love to visit England, since my Daddy's mother's family came from there. Also, I'd love to learn speed reading.

Check out my Thursday Thirteen

Anonymous said...

I wanna learn Latin too... that's really cool. I think learning a new language is so interesting.

And don't sweat learning Spanish in school, and not remembering any of it. I took five years of it, and I can ask where the bathroom is and how to find the park LOL!!

Happy T13!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so who is the one person you really want to read your blog?

I love, love, love the hedgehog! I wonder how I missed that in the Lion Brand stuff. I guess I'll have to find the pattern.

Maybe his name should be Hedge E. Fund.