12.6.07

Tuesday Tumble - Home front

Leon needed to type something quickly before work this morning, not a normal occurrence. He does not in any manner resemble a typist, which is one of the reasons he does not blog more than once or twice every six months. Since my laptop was booted up, I turned it toward him to use. He leaned into it ready to hunt and peck. . .

Stopped his hands in midair and just had this blank expression on his face, then looked up at me with a now well known look that I cannot describe, other than the look a husband gives a wife when he is acknowledging her sometimes exasperating qualities. Since so many of my keys have been worn of any identifying marks, he had no clue what keys were what letters. And we had just discussed it last week. If only I had had a camera set up. . . His expression was priceless.

I know some of this is lost in translation, but I am still laughing over it. Shame he doesn't need to use it often. . . he would probably be tempted to get a second job and buy me a new one.

And speaking of typing. . . the stage play idea is still being worked on. . . though more of a trickle than a stream, especially since my brother just gave us a brilliant idea to write first.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I can almost see him, and I don't even know what Leon looks like! I love watching a "hunt and peck" typist (although I hate having them hogging my computer!). Funny

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

This Eclectic Life - Yeah, your personality probably knows that expression well, both given and received, but that is a good thing. He hunts quite quickly when he can see the letters. Thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

Whah! I would never give that expression!